Pictured (L-R): Board Chairman Joey Shive, Tammy Allen, Jamie Howard, Edward Reed, Ivy Waddell, Superintendent Josh Hurt (Not Pictured: Emily Coffey)
EDMONTON, Ky. (June 15, 2022) – The Metcalfe County Board of Education met in regular session on Tuesday, June 14, 2022.
Superintendent Josh Hurt presented gifts of appreciation to the following employees who are retiring at the end of June. He thanked them for their service and dedication to Metcalfe County Schools.
- Tammy Allen, Gifted and Talented Teacher, 28 years
- Emily Coffey, Art Teacher, 31 years
- Jamie Howard, Director of Instruction, 28 years
- Edward Reed, Bus Driver, 12 years
- Ivy Waddell, Paraeducator, 24 years
On the agenda, the board approved the 2022-2023 district salary schedule, which included a 2% pay increase for all employees. The board also approved the District Facilities Plan, the district’s membership renewal with GRREC (Green River Regional Educational Cooperative), and the 2022-2023 service agreement with TJ Regional Health. Additionally, the board amended the 2021-2022 school calendar to include five NTI days.
Also on the agenda, the board approved the following board meeting dates for July 2022 through December 2022.
- Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- Tuesday, October 11, 2022
- Thursday, November 10, 2022
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022
Each meeting will start at 6pm at the Metcalfe County Board of Education at 709 West Stockton Street in Edmonton, Ky.